Your social calendar is about to get rather busy over the Christmas period, so how can you prepare your hair and body to feel sensational at every event? Robyn Moore shows us how
A tan can instantly make you look more radiant and defined and with fake tan solutions developing all the time, you don’t have to be orange, streaky or wake up to a horrible fake tan smell any more.
The key to a successful fake tan is:
- Always use a fake tan mitt to avoid being left with orange hands and to distribute the lotion more evenly
- Ensure your skin is exfoliated and moisturised the day before to create an even texture
- Do not apply deodorant or perfume prior to tanning
- Leave the tan to develop overnight
- Never fake tan straight after a hot bath or shaving because your pores are still open. It will make the tan spotty or the pores will become irritated
If you are not brave enough to tan alone then book a professional spray tan two days before your event.
Dark nails are in for winter so think dark purples, black and dark greys. Add a modern twist to your nails and buy a matte-look varnish.
If your nails don’t hold nail varnish for long enough, then book yourself in for gel-nail varnish. I recently had my nails painted with gel-nail varnish at the House of Beauty in Shifnal and it lasted for two weeks, perfectly low maintenance for the party season.
If you are using acrylic nails then avoid technicians who use electric drills and files on your nails, you will be left with sore nail beds with broken and thin nails after they are removed.
False eyelashes are a must for the party season, not only do they enhance your lashes, they give the illusion of a wider eye.
Always have a practice so you know how to apply the strips and cut them down to the right size for your eyes.
False eyelashes can transition your day look into an evening look flawlessly. Always throw your glue into your clutch bag just in case one comes lose throughout the night.
If you are pushed for time and can’t fit in a professional blowdry then don’t panic, follow these simple rules to gorgeous hair.
- Once you have washed your hair apply a blowdry lotion or an oil to keep hair smooth.
- Always use your nozzle on the end of your hairdryer. The direct air flow is designed to keep your hair cuticle lying flat in the correct direction so your hair appears smooth and healthy.
- Don’t go too adventurous, you will spend more time trying to flatten the extra curly curls or brushing out extreme back-combing. Play it safe but spend more time on perfecting it.
- Always use a hairspray to fix your style, even if it is a light spray… Hair needs fixing in this weather.
Never mix too many perfumes and don’t over spray. Once you have sprayed your body and garments add a spritz to your hair by holding your arm up directly above your head and letting the fragrance particles fall down on your hair.
Always take a fragrance in your bag but try and buy a smaller bottle or a roll-on so you won’t be too heart-broken when you realise you have lost you £60 bottle of perfume.
The night before your event, brush your lips lightly with your toothbrush or exfoliating wash and apply a thick covering of Vaseline to wake up with soft lips which are lipstick ready.